As mentioned in many of my blog posts, WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) out there. I am a huge fan as I think it is easy for everyone to use and I love that there are so many additional plugins out there. WordPress is an open – which means it has been made freely available and can be redistributed and modified. This also means there is a huge community out there working on creating new and fresh functionalities. You get to benefit from these experts, which is wonderful in my eyes.
According to a recent survey published by Netcraft; 35% of websites on the internet are by WordPress!!
Considering that the number of total active websites is estimated at over 1.3 billion (according to Netcraft) that means that around 455,000,000 websites are using WordPress right now, which means that around 20% of all self-hosted websites use WordPress, which is huge. This alone just proves how successful and valuable WordPress is.
Still not convinced? Here’s my top 5 reasons why WordPress is so awesome:
1- Flexibility: you can pick and choose more features as you go
- There are so many plugins available that allow you to add more functionalities to your website and grow your business online.
- You can host courses, have a login member area, take payments.
- Host everything in one place – making it easier for the customer and ultimately improving your SEO potential. For example; If you host an online course more people will visit your website and this will help enhance your Google rankings.
2- Customisation: you can create a website that showcases your brand and your personality
- WordPress.org is an open source, this means that you have access to many themes and plugins – and many are free.
- You can use paid and premium templates, but on top of that you can modify them according to your brand guidelines and you can also can modify the structure of your website (Be careful with this! I’d recommend you employ an expert like me for this as it’s quite advanced work).
3- Easy management: you can edit your website using a front end editor
- WordPress has a range of front end editors that allow you to see all your changes when you are working on a page. One of the most popular is Elementor, and it’s free!
- I show you how to use Elementor on my course. I teach you how to edit your pages in a super easy way.
- The functionality is very easy and quick to learn. For example; you can just drag the elements you want to have onto your page.
4- Affordability: WordPress provides great value for money
- WordPress just requires hosting to run successfully. There are some very affordable options on the market.
- The main plugins for your website are free.
- You can have payment options and an online store using WooCommerce which is also an open source.
5 –Lots of visual options: there is a wide variety of beautiful themes available
- WordPress offer a really great and vast choice of free and premium themes
- You can find themes with different functionalities ready to use for your business
- All premium themes come with demo content or pre-built layouts pages. This means you can customise them to suit you! own content making much easier to create each page.
There you go! These are my quick top 5 reasons why WordPress is great and easy to use and the perfect tool to help you get your business out there. There are plenty of online resources out there and I am always available to catch up to discuss the practical implications too.
Want to know more? Sign up to my online course Build your own Website